Student Visas

Student visa (subclass 500)

This temporary visa is for students who want to come to Australia to study at a CRICOS institute. The student must meet the following:

  • Genuine temporary entrant requirement that assesses the student’s individual circumstances against his/her intention to study and for a temporary stay in Australia.
  • Proficient English language skills or evidence of enrolment in an ELICOS English course.
  • The financial capacity requirement covers the course fees, travel and living costs for the student or the accompanied family members while studying in Australia.
  • Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for medical and hospital insurance.

Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)

This visa allows the guardian of an international student younger than 18 to stay temporarily while the student is studying in Australia. The guardian can learn English for up to 20 hours per week or a course for up to three months. Working is not allowed under this visa.

Please complete an obligation free online assessment or book a consultation with our experienced migration agents.